Thursday, January 6, 2011

Homeless College Students On The Rise, Advocates Say

Homeless College Students On The Rise, Advocates Say:

"As The Star Tribune reports, Sparks is facing a growing challenge for college students: homelessness.

Sparks, who is majoring in computer support and network administration, told the Star Tribune:
'I hate it, but I have to survive,' he said. 'I wouldn't wish this situation on my worst enemy.
Statistics and assistance aimed specifically at homeless college students are scarce. Students, afraid of being stigmatized for their situation, often keep their housing situation a secret. "

It's great to higher education become more available to homeless students, but I hope that the schools do begin to find ways to support these students.

No comments:

Post a Comment